{{badge.Name}}

Poly-Wrapped Polyester Core Thread - Tex 30 - 6,000 yds. - Black

{{resource("/ProductPage/Labels/StockNumber")}} {{displayVariant.DisplayCode}}
$4.37 - $12.49
{{resource("/ProductPage/Labels/List")}} $14.10

{{resource("/ProductPage/Labels/Sale")}} ${{displayVariant.Price.PurchasePrice | toDisplayFormat}}
{{resource("/ProductPage/Labels/Was")}} ${{displayVariant.Price.WasPrice | toDisplayFormat}}
{{resource("/ProductPage/Labels/List")}} ${{displayVariant.Price.ListPrice | toDisplayFormat}}
{{displayVariant.PromotionalText}}

{{resource("/ProductPage/Labels/Options")}}

{{displayVariant.InventoryStatus}} {{format(resource("/Shared/Label/EstimatedArrivalDate"),displayVariant.ShippingEstimate)}} {{format(resource("/Shared/Label/BackOrderedEstimatedArrivalDate"),displayVariant.ShippingEstimate)}}
{{errorMessage}}
{{resource("/ProductPage/Labels/VolumePricingHeader")}}
{{resource("/Shared/Label/QuantityTable/Qty")}}
{{volumePrice.Quantity}}+ {{resource("/Shared/Label/QuantityTable/Each")}}
{{volumePrice.Quantity}}+
{{resource("/Shared/Label/QuantityTable/Price")}} ${{volumePrice.Price.Amount | toDisplayFormat}}
{{resource("/Shared/Label/QuantityTable/Save")}}
{{volumePrice.Save | toDisplayFormat}}%

{{format(resource('/ProductPage/Labels/SoldInIncrementOf'),displayVariant.SoldInIncrements)}}

{{format(resource("/ProductPage/Labels/MinimumOrderQuantity"),displayVariant.MinimumOrderQuantity)}}

Threads for finest sewers and designers.

Poly covered polyester thread provide a smooth seam and tends to be more elastic and prevent thread breakage. Great for outerwear, work wear, casual wear and other household textiles. Available in a variety of colors. Please note: actual colors may vary from picture due to computer setting variances.

Features

• All purpose thread
  • Use on all types of material
  • Use where extra strength and give are needed
  • Available in a variety of colors
  • Tex 30

Product Specifications

Brand: WAWAK
Units: Each
Size / Dimension: 6000 yds.
Material: Polyester
Can you please tell me where this thread is manufactured? Thank you.
Anonymous
Posting As
Please Note: Your answer will be displayed upon approval.
A:
These are currently made in the US.
Lisa P.
  • logologo Staff
I am a longarm quilter and mostly use poly/wrapped poly/core Tex 40 thread on 6000 yd cones. I've been using your Poly-wrapped Polyester Core Thread Tex 30 in the 6000 yd cones with some degree of success, but wonder if you have any other similar options in a different brand. The description doesn't mention longarm quilting use for this thread. I'm struggling with the color chart too. What I see on my computer isn't accurate to the product received. Thanks for your help.
Anonymous
Posting As
A:
We have a few options. The Poly Wrapped Poly doe come in the tex 40 (it's the PWC101*). We also offer the Gutermann Thread, the GTDN* is a tex 30 and available in 5468 yard cones. We have free sample paper chart or real thread charts available for this thread. The OTD1*, is a tex 40 cotton covered polyester thread that may also be an option for you, as well as the OTD10* which is the Coats Dual Duty Cotton/Polyester thread (tex 40) that comes on the 6000 yard cones.
Lisa P.
  • logologo Staff
Can you tell me how this differs from Gutermann Mara 100 Tex 30? How would I decide which one to buy?
MAXINE C.
Posting As
A:
Both are a poly wrapped poly core thread. Gutermann uses "micro-core" technology to wrap their thread, so it may be less fuzzy looking. The other differences are brand name, where it's made, and the colors it is available in.
Lisa P.
  • logologo Staff
What size needle is good for this thread? 80/12?
Anonymous
Posting As
A:
Yes a size 10-12 machine needle works best.
Lisa P.
  • logologo Staff
Is this thread good for garment sewing on a sewing machine? thank you.
Silvia A.
Posting As
A:
Yes, this is a very good general purpose thread. Because this is a 6000 yard cone, we recommend using a thread stand.
Lisa P.
  • logologo Staff
What is Spun Polyester thread? How is it different from Core Polyester Thread?
Anonymous
Posting As
A:
Spun polyester is made up of thousands of filaments of polyester. Core polyester or poly/poly has a center “core” made of poly, with an additional wrapping of polyester around it. Spun polyester is not as strong as core polyester.
Staff
  • logologo Staff
What is Spun Polyester thread? How is it different from Core Polyester Thread?
Anonymous
Posting As
A:
Spun polyester is made up of thousands of filaments of polyester. Core polyester or poly/poly has a center “core” made of poly, with an additional wrapping of polyester around it. Spun polyester is not as strong as core polyester.
Staff
  • logologo Staff
What would be the best way to handle thread that is knotting when used in a sewing machine?
Anonymous
Posting As
A:
It is recommended to switch to a thinner thread or use a larger needle.
Staff
  • logologo Staff

No Results

Overall rating
Write A Review
October 05, 2020
mehh

Bought this thread in both the black and white. The white sews beautifully and I have had no issues with it. The black on the other hand is always giving me problems. Constantly breaking and makes my stitching look ugly. I know its not the tension or the needles because like I said, the white looks great. I hesitate to buy this product again because I don't know which quality to expect.

RAEANNA S.
Thank you for letting us know. We will contact you shortly and try to correct the issue. Thank you for your review.
Lisa P.
  • logologo Staff